The Record Details page is shown after clicking the title link for any citation in the Discover results list.
The purpose of the Record Details page is to show more information about the record being viewed, to support the user in reviewing the search results and accessing the full text for this or similar records.
The administrator can modify the behavior of the title link via the Record Details Workflow option. These options determine the behavior of the Record Details link depending on full text availability.
- When full text available
- Show Record Details: Show the Record Details page containing information and other options related to the content, including access options to the content.
- Go to best match link: The user will be automatically redirected to the highest priority access option for the content as configured in the Resolver Access Options.
- When full text unavailable
- Show Record Details: Show the Record Details page containing information and other options related to the content, including a document delivery form.
- Go to Document Delivery: The resolver will automatically redirect to the selected TDNet Discover Document Delivery form. See Document Delivery for more information.
- Go to Content Route: The resolver will redirect to the selected Content Route. See Content Routes for more information.
Various options are available for configuring the Record Details page layout and content. The following Widgets can be selected for display on the Record Details page.
- Rich content: Free-form text, images, and other content added through an HTML editor
- iFrame: External content embedded in the page via an iFrame
- Access Options: Shows access options available for the resolved content
- Altmetric Badge: Show an Altmetric rating for the resolved content
- Book Preview: Show a preview of ebook content (Google Books only)
- Citation: Show the citation for the resolved content in AMA, APA, Chicago, Harvard, MLA, NLM, and Vancouver citation styles
- Document Delivery: Embed the selected document delivery form within the Record Details page, or set a link to the document delivery form on the page
- Export Citation: Show options for exporting a citation for the resolved content to various formats and reference management applications
- Extra Links: Show custom links including text labels or images, with the ability to append OpenURL parameters to the URL using the placeholders indicated.
- Similar Articles: Show links to other articles from the TDNet Discover index similar to the current citation.
- Table of Contents: Show the table of contents for the parent journal for the article directly within the Record Details page.
Each widget has configuration options specific to that widget. In addition, each widget has the following options:
- General: Add a header and footer to the widget using an HTML editor
- Display: Modify the height, border, background for the widget and add custom CSS styles specific to each widget
- Resolver: Control the display of the widget depending on full-text availability, whether the citation has been identified by the resolver, publication type, and citation level
- Security: Control the display of the widget using Rule Sets.
Widgets can be arranged within the Page by dragging and dropping using the graphical user interface. The overall Page layout can be modified via the Layout button.